Author Topic: Zidoo Media player  (Read 9724 times)

BadEnglish

• Bad Since 20th Century. Set to Expire in 21th
Re: Zidoo Media player
« Reply #105 on: 21 June, 2022, 23:05:18 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • I'm a bit confuse.

How could DV (dynamic metadata) be converted to HDR10 (static metadata) without losing ( colouring in HiFi term ) much?

Or am I reading something difference !

DoggieHowser

« Reply #106 on: 22 June, 2022, 06:45:33 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • I'm a bit confuse.

How could DV (dynamic metadata) be converted to HDR10 (static metadata) without losing ( colouring in HiFi term ) much?

Or am I reading something difference !
    Itís a hack because of a special DV format variant called Player Led DV or LLDV that Sony used on one of their earlier TVs ZD9 and the OLED of that generation.

The Sony processor couldnít handle DV metadata processing so instead it just had a special handshake with the player and handed over its specs - color gamut and brightness - and the player would remap it dynamically

The Vertex2 and similar products from HDFury spoofs the Sony EDID

BadEnglish

« Reply #107 on: 22 June, 2022, 08:52:29 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Itís a hack because of a special DV format variant called Player Led DV or LLDV that Sony used on one of their earlier TVs ZD9 and the OLED of that generation.

The Sony processor couldnít handle DV metadata processing so instead it just had a special handshake with the player and handed over its specs - color gamut and brightness - and the player would remap it dynamically

The Vertex2 and similar products from HDFury spoofs the Sony EDID

Thanks.  Now pop up another question:
    So every frame has its metadata to be called dynamic or just a batch of frames with a metadata ?

DoggieHowser

« Reply #108 on: 22 June, 2022, 12:50:55 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Thanks.  Now pop up another question:
    So every frame has its metadata to be called dynamic or just a batch of frames with a metadata ?

I am guessing that's up to the way the movie is encoded. I would expect this to be done on a per scene basis rather than a per frame basis or you would notice flickering as the max brightness is adjusted.

BadEnglish

« Reply #109 on: 22 June, 2022, 12:53:20 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • I am guessing that's up to the way the movie is encoded. I would expect this to be done on a per scene basis rather than a per frame basis or you would notice flickering as the max brightness is adjusted.

That's my wild guess also  ;D