Author Topic: Reading between the PAP's lines  (Read 386 times)

AndrewC

• View Profile
Reading between the PAP's lines
« on: 20 January, 2021, 18:47:11 pm »
The PAP clowns love to double-talk and tell half-truths. This thread is dedicated to opinionsof what they actually mean, or speculating parts of the truth they don't reveal.  :)
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

AndrewC

• View Profile
Re: Reading between the PAP's lines
« Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2021, 18:51:20 pm »

Clearly what asswipe CCS really means is that the PAP doesn't give two shits about building a strong sustainable Singaporean core among companies, as long as there are adequate Singaporean worker-bees to keep those Enterprises happy and profitable.  >:(

boxerfan88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 January, 2021, 22:25:31 pm »
There is a HDB housing policy to minimize the chance of racial enclaves, there isn't a labor policy to ensure a Singaporean core? Wow.

Is he trying to commit political harakiri?
Usher MD2+X616 | DA&T A38  | Soekris dac1541 | foobar2000 | Elementa BAC 2500 | Samsung PS50B850 | Yammy RXA3030 | Orisun DD12 | BDP-S5100 | Chromecast | RPi4+LibreElec | Zidoo Z9X

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 January, 2021, 16:04:51 pm »
Is he trying to commit political harakiri?

Utter arrogance pure and simple. He knows there are at least 60% dumbo Singaporeans who continue to vote them into power.  >:(

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2021, 16:05:50 pm »

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moe-imh-intervene-hormone-therapy-ashlee-transgender-student-14011610

"Final decision rest with the clinician and patients.... (but we will interfere and make threats in between)."

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 January, 2021, 15:58:43 pm »
Hahaha... guess I'm not the only one trying to read between the lines  ;D

A former teacher has kindly (and savagely) marked the recent joint statement by MOE and IMH in red, like all good teachers do. Enjoy.

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 January, 2021, 08:41:31 am »
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nus-press-essays-coup-king-crisis-pavin-chachavalpongpun-14038094

NUS Press says it chose not to publish essays on Thai politics after consulting with 'stakeholders inside and outside the university'

No prizes for guessing who the so-called “stake holders” are  ::)

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 March, 2021, 11:50:54 am »

boxerfan88

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 April, 2021, 08:45:28 am »
https://www.facebook.com/109962647361107/posts/290027036021333/

From a financial point of view, the following conclusion of the Minister is untenable: “… it is not correct to suggest that because we have a certain amount of cash surpluses, that …. our fiscal position is better than we have stated ….”. In finance, a cash position is always a more accurate reflection of a company’s financial health than a profit and loss statement, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘥.

𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗵! You cannot have different versions of your cash position. Whereas, a profit and loss statement can come in different versions depending on the accounting principles you use.  The same applies to our budgeting process – the cash surplus being the most accurate indicator while the budget depends on how the Government accounts for the cash, ie., what cash to include or exclude from the revenues of the budget.   

The next bit is the best counter argument. Unlike private land sale which is one off when the title transferred, government land sales is recurring revenue if viewed over super long timeline of centuries. Buyers of government land must return the land to the government at the end of the lease period. Ha ha. Excellent counter!!!

It is also inaccurate to compare the land owned by the Government to the land owned by a family. When a family sells its land, the land is indeed lost until it decides to repurchase the land with cash again. However, when the government has sold its land for cash, it can resell the same piece of land again after 99 years under the 99-year leasehold system. Families and individual Singaporeans have to worry about the 99-year lease but to the Government, land sales are a 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 revenue source.
« Last Edit: 08 April, 2021, 08:47:18 am by boxerfan88 »
Usher MD2+X616 | DA&T A38  | Soekris dac1541 | foobar2000 | Elementa BAC 2500 | Samsung PS50B850 | Yammy RXA3030 | Orisun DD12 | BDP-S5100 | Chromecast | RPi4+LibreElec | Zidoo Z9X

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 April, 2021, 14:21:56 pm »
Unfortunately for us, 60%+ are easily hoodwinked at every Election, despite getting slowly sodomised in-between the election years  ;D

AndrewC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 April, 2021, 11:11:29 am »
What HSK said: "I have decided to step aside as leader of the 4G team, so that a younger leader who will have a longer runway can take over"

What HSK meant: "I have decided to step aside as leader of the 4G team, so that a younger PAP bozo can be the seat warmer for Dowager Ho's progeny"