Author Topic: Adding motion to VR and gaming  (Read 6476 times)

DoggieHowser

Re: Adding motion to VR and gaming
« Reply #75 on: 15 January, 2022, 11:10:02 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • It's a scary thought.

When I finally got back into PC gaming last year, it was because of VR. Got my PC and G2 in February last year - and I remember the excitement like a kid on Christmas. Every day, I would rush home to get more seat time.

But 9 months after, I guess the freshness had rubbed off. I still enjoyed getting some seat time - in fact, I would play every night after the wife went to bed. But it wasn't with that same level of anticipation as I did before.

Now, with the new rig, that excitement is back. I have begun tuning the motion platform a little more to my liking. SimRacing Garage showed how to use the motion platform to tilt the seat back a little which I found was better. It seemed to help a little with the sensation of acceleration. It also allowed me to use the bias slider to enhance acceleration effects more. SimPit said to just run simple tests with the adjustments and then drive a car you are familiar with in real life to see if you can replicate the sensation of turning the wheel into corners and braking.. so that's what I have done. It definitely feels more immersive.

Can't wait for the SimLab Buttkicker attachment to arrive next week so I can mount the two additional buttkickers I already got. Right now only the Gamer 2 Buttkicker (mounted to the Motion Platform) is attached. I have to say, the Buttkickers are a lot noisier than I expected especially when compared to my old Crowson

Which brings me back to my original point. Do we lose interest over time? And we need to keep refreshing our gear to regain/retain that excitement?

It's a bit like with the hifi hobby, I guess

sonofdbn

« Reply #76 on: 18 January, 2022, 00:14:19 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Then I took a drive down a virtual circuit around Orchard Road. That was surreal..

Sorry if missed earlier - what game is this?

DoggieHowser

« Reply #77 on: 18 January, 2022, 06:46:38 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Sorry if missed earlier - what game is this?

Assetto Corsa with mods

sonofdbn

« Reply #78 on: 20 January, 2022, 16:18:37 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Tried out the Orchard Road circuit (on my far more modest setup) - almost teared up when I saw the ERP gantry  ;D

In F1 2018 I tried out the Marina Bay track (daytime - not sure if there's a night option); looked very good.

DoggieHowser

« Reply #79 on: 21 January, 2022, 08:58:15 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Itís such a blast hooning in virtual Orchard Road.

In other news, really love the use of profile rigs to mix and match. Managed to shoehorn the TrakRacer HOTAS to the Elite FGT.

Now waiting for parts to attach the side support for the flight stick.

Still havenít figured out a quick release for the pedals so I can swap in the Thrustmaster Pendulum Rudder though. May have to slum it with the cheaper plastic rudder pedals.

DoggieHowser

« Reply #80 on: 16 February, 2022, 18:52:29 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Got enough parts to do that other side

DoggieHowser

Adding motion to VR and gaming
    « Reply #81 on: 28 February, 2022, 13:19:54 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Told myself I didnít need to get a fancy wheel with displays because you donít see it in VR.

But I did find the old shifter tactile feedback to be quite feeble so I took the chance to get the new button box with the upgraded magnetic shifters. Also Xbox compatible.

And also the PS compatible DD1 on the way.

daisy71

« Reply #82 on: 31 October, 2022, 13:44:37 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • I find recliner seats not as rigid. May not be a good choice for motion.

I actually am using the older Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2 now and if not for the fact that it can't handle DD wheels and that I can't find anywhere to put rudder controls... I actually don't mind it

I hope can help you. I had a problem with my back that couldn't take anymore, so I bought a gamer chair, and it was the best thing from all of these, I could do. You need to search a lot because everything that has "gamer" in his name is gonna be expensive as ****, Laz boy tighten up your core and force you to sit in the proper position.

DoggieHowser

« Reply #83 on: 01 November, 2022, 15:30:56 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • It is going to be difficult to bolt the gaming chair to my aluminium profile cockpit :)