Main Room > Home Theatre

Zidoo Media player

(1/14) > >>

EconAv:
New FW

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/beta-version-6-0-66-for-z9x-z10-pro-z1000-pro.83395/

Please note :-
If you are using the G ( google ) , you must update with the G version.
Else you have to do a Factory reset to default then update it again with the same version .

boxerfan88:
mirror mentioned of possible firmware release this weekend. hopefully quality is far better than that 6.0.80 release. already learnt my lesson with 6.0.80, going to let the early adopters test first...

comfortablynumb:
My bro in law had been having hdmi handshake issues with his z9x n z1000pro and his denon 4700.
Having snowy screen and each time he exited from a movie, the AVR could no longer detect the external input signal from the zidoo.

Tried changing hdmi cables n switching inputs but still same problem.
He tried my z9s with no problems.

Changing settings on the zidoo (60hz down to 24hz) did rnot esolve the problem.
Stock cables did not resolve problem too

Then finally, he changed the HDCP setting on the AVR from AUTO to 2.3 n the Zidoo to 2.2 and viola, problem resolved.

Previous setting was AVR HDCP = Auto
Zidoo HDCP = 2.2

Not sure if that's the root cause of the handshaking problem but so far so good now

comfortablynumb:
Question on Movie poster scrapping.

I have couple of movies parked under "Others" which the scrapping could not identify
I tried to match them to movie titles closest to it for e.g. "Killing" to "The Killing" though movie is different.
After the match, I replaced the image of the movie to the actual "Killing" poster which I had saved to my hdd.

However, the synopsis is still referencing the "The Killing" and the movie title in the HT app is now The Killing"
Is there any way to rectify the synopsis and the movie title?

boxerfan88:

--- Quote from: comfortablynumb on 22 December, 2020, 12:26:14 pm ---My bro in law had been having hdmi handshake issues with his z9x n z1000pro and his denon 4700.
Having snowy screen and each time he exited from a movie, the AVR could no longer detect the external input signal from the zidoo.

Tried changing hdmi cables n switching inputs but still same problem.
He tried my z9s with no problems.

Changing settings on the zidoo (60hz down to 24hz) did rnot esolve the problem.
Stock cables did not resolve problem too

Then finally, he changed the HDCP setting on the AVR from AUTO to 2.3 n the Zidoo to 2.2 and viola, problem resolved.

Previous setting was AVR HDCP = Auto
Zidoo HDCP = 2.2

Not sure if that's the root cause of the handshaking problem but so far so good now

--- End quote ---

Z9X hdmi handshake by the Zidoo media player is horrendous. Black flashes everytime refresh rate changes. Z9X has hung my Plasma TV twice on starting movie - hung as in totally non-responsive to button/remote, must power down TV from the wall socket. Z9X made my Yamaha AVR ki siao (go mad) once. The Z9X hdmi handshake has a long way to improve.

The following settings has made it tolerable to me:
a. Firmware 6.0.66G
b. set GUI to 24Hz (and when Z9X intermittently goes mad and revert the setting to Auto, I manually reset back to 24Hz)
c. change frame rate with 5 secs delay (and live with the freeze screen for 5 secs at the start of the show, at least it won't kill my plasma TV.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version