Author Topic: NEW LP/Vinyl Releases/Reissues  (Read 3787 times)

Gondon72A

Re: NEW LP/Vinyl Releases/Reissues
« Reply #30 on: 18 May, 2022, 13:08:27 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

• macrotrust

« Reply #31 on: 24 May, 2022, 15:03:13 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

• Long awaited LP from US Blue note (20% discount). Sometimes you get good discounts given the freight is much higher now than before. Sound quality are good no question about it - pending on personal taste. If you dont like it- can sell it later when it is no longer in production.

Gondon72A

« Reply #32 on: 27 May, 2022, 14:44:59 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

• macrotrust

« Reply #33 on: 26 July, 2022, 16:22:13 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

• Nina Simons & Etta James recorded by using MQA technology- Sound quality is really good. I have not heard MQA on a Dac before but i am sure it will give a wow factor.

Heng i not a big fan of Mofi label. only have 5 LP in my collection. Digital or not- it does not matter- so long u hear it Shiok can already. Already make your money worth.

It would be much better if can download DSD file and play- ever much better than to go through a few rounds- straight to the Source cheaper and better. Provided your DAC can perform the job to get the best sounding.

some shiok track for all to enjoy.

Francishuang

« Reply #34 on: 28 July, 2022, 06:47:22 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Very looking foward to the mono

https://www.bluenote.com/john-coltrane-blue-train-tone-poet-vinyl/

On September 15, 1957, John Coltrane went into Rudy Van Gelder’s living room studio in Hackensack, New Jersey and recorded his first great masterpiece: Blue Train. The fulfillment of a handshake deal Coltrane made with Alfred Lion, it would be the legendary saxophonist’s sole session as a leader for Blue Note Records, a locomotive five track album fueled by the bluesy title track that featured a dynamic sextet with Lee Morgan on trumpet, Curtis Fuller on trombone, Kenny Drew on piano, Paul Chambers on bass, and Philly Joe Jones on drums. Blue Train established Coltrane as a force of nature and set him on a course towards becoming one of the most revered and influential jazz artists of all-time.

To mark the 65th anniversary of the album’s recording, Blue Train will be released in two special editions on September 16 as part of Blue Note’s acclaimed Tone Poet Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series. A 1-LP mono pressing of the original album will be presented in a deluxe gatefold tip-on jacket, while the 2-LP stereo collection Blue Train: The Complete Masters will include a second disc featuring seven alternate and incomplete takes, none of which have been released previously on vinyl, and four of which have never been released before on any format. The Complete Masters comes with a booklet featuring never-before-seen session photos by Francis Wolff and an essay by Coltrane expert Ashley Kahn. Both Tone Poet Vinyl Editions were produced by Joe Harley, mastered by Kevin Gray from the original analog master tapes, and pressed on 180g vinyl at RTI. Blue Train: The Complete Masters will also be released as a 2-CD set and digital collection.

FB_IMG_1658962309966.jpg
    « Last Edit: 28 July, 2022, 06:52:27 am by Francishuang »

Francishuang

« Reply #35 on: 28 July, 2022, 06:54:03 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

• zephyr11

« Reply #36 on: 28 July, 2022, 08:36:48 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

On September 15, 1957, John Coltrane went into Rudy Van Gelder’s living room studio in Hackensack, New Jersey and recorded his first great masterpiece: Blue Train. The fulfillment of a handshake deal Coltrane made with Alfred Lion, it would be the legendary saxophonist’s sole session as a leader for Blue Note Records, a locomotive five track album fueled by the bluesy title track that featured a dynamic sextet with Lee Morgan on trumpet, Curtis Fuller on trombone, Kenny Drew on piano, Paul Chambers on bass, and Philly Joe Jones on drums. Blue Train established Coltrane as a force of nature and set him on a course towards becoming one of the most revered and influential jazz artists of all-time.

To mark the 65th anniversary of the album’s recording, Blue Train will be released in two special editions on September 16 as part of Blue Note’s acclaimed Tone Poet Audiophile Vinyl Reissue Series. A 1-LP mono pressing of the original album will be presented in a deluxe gatefold tip-on jacket, while the 2-LP stereo collection Blue Train: The Complete Masters will include a second disc featuring seven alternate and incomplete takes, none of which have been released previously on vinyl, and four of which have never been released before on any format. The Complete Masters comes with a booklet featuring never-before-seen session photos by Francis Wolff and an essay by Coltrane expert Ashley Kahn. Both Tone Poet Vinyl Editions were produced by Joe Harley, mastered by Kevin Gray from the original analog master tapes, and pressed on 180g vinyl at RTI. Blue Train: The Complete Masters will also be released as a 2-CD set and digital collection.

FB_IMG_1658962309966.jpg

YES can't wait!

macrotrust

« Reply #37 on: 01 August, 2022, 15:14:28 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

• Limited edition- very good sounding LP- they pick the best track from the whole catalogue.

DoggieHowser

« Reply #38 on: 01 August, 2022, 16:36:44 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]

FB_IMG_1658962309966.jpg

Ordered two copies

zephyr11

« Reply #39 on: 03 August, 2022, 08:53:50 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  •  one of each? or both mono?

i'm likely grabbing 1 of each. at least.

i think this is the only chance i'll be able to afford a good copy of this.

Francishuang

« Reply #40 on: 03 August, 2022, 09:56:58 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • Joe Harley and Kevin Gray said its a big production run. No need to buy many ba... I bought 1 stereo 3 mono

one of each? or both mono?

DoggieHowser

« Reply #41 on: 03 August, 2022, 17:46:18 pm »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • one of each? or both mono?

2 mono
    2 stereo
    2 CD

zephyr11

« Reply #42 on: 05 August, 2022, 08:51:46 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • i'd hope to get 2 mono, 1 stereo and if the cd is avail will get one.

@Franicshuang;

they say big production, but they don't know how hype this is, i'm sure it will still sell out..

Francishuang

« Reply #43 on: 05 August, 2022, 10:13:17 am »
  • [applaud]
  • [smite]
  • They can repress

i'd hope to get 2 mono, 1 stereo and if the cd is avail will get one.

@Franicshuang;

they say big production, but they don't know how hype this is, i'm sure it will still sell out..